All photos, films, graphics and animation are owned by the Agentur für Erneuerbare Energien and are protected by applicable copyright laws. Their use is free of charge for journalistic purposes only. It is not permitted to sell or distribute any of the above material. The above material can be used for commercial purposes (e.g. corporate brochures or films) at a fee paid to the Agentur für Erneuerbare Energien. To request permission to use the material for commercial purposes
Please contact us:
The Full Picture of Renewable Energy
Facts & figures on the most important future energy sources
(current as of July 2010)
At first glance, many reservations regarding renewable energy sources appear
plausible. Yet they often conceal a completely different picture. With facts and figures about the most important energy sources, this publication broadens the perspective to give the full picture.
- At first glance: We can‘t afford renewable energy. Truth: We cannot afford to do without renewable energy.
- At first glance: Renewable energy eats up more energy than it provides. Truth: The plants quickly supply more energy than was required for their manufacture.
- At first glance: Wind and sun are not always available. Truth: They are always there.
- At first glance: Renewable energies alone leave us in the dark. Truth: Sunlight alone supplies 2,850 times the worldwide energy requirements.
- At first glance: Solar energy is only worthwhile in Africa. Truth: Solar systems pay off on almost every roof in Germany.
- At first glance: Subsidised electricity generated from solar energy makes our electricity bill rise. Truth: A household invests only 1,78 € per month in electricity generated from solar energy.
- At first glance: Wind turbines are a blot on the landscape. Truth: Wind energy lets the landscape live.
- At first glance: Enough wind only blows on the coast. Truth: Wind is everywhere. And the right turbine is available for every location.
- At first glance: People in developing countries have to go hungry because of bioenergy. Truth: Bioenergy is an economic development opportunity for
- At first glance: Biofuel generates more CO2 than it saves. Truth: Biodiesel saves up to 66% CO2.
- Facts instead of prejudices